Thursday, December 18, 2008

Piano Players Playing Proudly


Oh no...I discovered that Sis's camera takes video clips...you will be wishing that I didn't figure that out. Now the big dilemma of pics or clips will run through my head constantly!! I have been using Sis's camera a LOT lately because my nice Cannon SLR has broken and I just can't justify that $250 that it will cost to repair it...so if anyone has connections in the camera repair world feel free to let me know!

Tonight was our Christmas Piano Recital. A bunch of the kids in our neighborhood take from one of the cute, strike that, beautiful teenage girls in the neighborhood (I was hoping that this point would make Jake a little more excited about taking piano lessons - but NO - not even a beautiful girl can outweigh the bad attitude of my hopeless 12 year old...as will be apparent at the end of his clip!) I took little clips of each of the kids playing their recital pieces. I didn't realize I could take the video clips until after Keebler had already played his piece, so his is actually a reenactment that is why people are talking during the start. I feel really bad because he makes a small mistake in what I recorded, but you'll just have to trust me that he played it without any mistakes during the actual performance.

Enjoy!! (they are all short I promise)


Jolly Old St. Nicholas


Up On the Housetop


Pat A Pan

Just a Little Side Note...
Sis was just reading my blog checking out some of my latest posts and read the one titled "Before and After". Oh how I wish I would have had a camera handy to capture her expression when she saw my "Before" picture...it was priceless!! We both had a good laugh and I am glad she doesn't really remember me like that (even if it was just 6 short months ago). I guess all my hard work of making sure I wasn't in many photos really paid off!! That should be incentive right there to try and keep the weight off, right? Apparently, my kids will only remember me how I am today!!

6 comments:

Sbankhead said...

That is awesome!! Uh Jeff Kimber might know someone who could fix your camera cheap, with the whole inkleys connection. good Luck!!

The Morgan Clan said...

WOW, is there anyone in this ward that doesn't take piano from Ms. Bellon? She's pretty popular and too full for my kids - we're sad about it.

Good job to your kids on their recital.

Jewels said...

Wow, I am impressed-they did great!! Tell them to keep practicing so we can hear them "live" on Monday night!!

buzzanna said...

You're kids did awesome! We love Klari, she has been so great.

I also love that we knew all of the students there. It was a fun night.

Jennifer Wanlass said...

Nathan and I loved listening to Jaden play...he is really good!

Wild Horse Gang said...

Your kids are doing great! I wouldn't worry too much about Jake's lack of excitement about playing--Dallin is doing pretty good too, but he got up from the piano at recital last month and looked just the same! SERIOUSLY! I'd say it was the age, but I think it is the sex. Dallin's super good piano teacher has older boys playing concertos that get up after playing stuff I only dream about and they look like that too! It cracks me up. When they're older and realize that girls think piano playing boys are hot it will change!!!