Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things About Me!

I posted this on my Facebook and boy I found it kind of difficult to come up with a bunch of stuff. So I figured I already took the time to share it there...I might as well put it on my blog too! Plus...I really needed to post something since time apparently stopped in my blog world!! Even if my real world is full steam ahead!!! Enjoy learning crazy things about me if you didn't already read them on Facebook!


1. I am not a morning person. I hate to get up before 7AM. (I do…but I really really really hate it!)
2. When I make my elementary age kids lunch I draw a smiley face on the brown paper bag.
3. Even though we have a king size bed, I sleep on the very edge (even when Landon is out of town.)
4. I am totally a whimp when it comes to needles. I delivered 4 children naturally and DON’T donate blood. (Not donating blood really bothers me because that is something I would totally do if they could just figure out how to get it out of me without needles!)
5. I can’t fall asleep (even to just take a nap) if I am not covered with a blanket, sheet, or whatever I can find.
6. If we had a lot of money the first thing I would want is a house keeper!
7. I am VERY grateful to be a stay-at-home mom and dread the day I might have to go back to work.
8. I always have a To Do List – always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. I have a really bad memory and sometimes it makes me sad I can’t remember more of my childhood and youth.
10. I love the feeling of clean sheets.
11. I just learned how to swim last month.
12. My favorite sport is basketball (both to play and to watch).
13. I love to make new friends and honestly believe you can never have enough.
14. I love my handwriting when I take my time, but my normal scrawl I hate!
15. I wanted to have 6 children my entire life and most of time I really feel my family is incomplete.
16. I have always secretly wished I had lived in pioneer times.
17. I was a huge TV addict when I was a kid, but hardly ever watch it now.
18. I live to be busy! I am a much happier person, way more organized, and can accomplish a lot more things when I am busy. The wiser I become I realize there is a fine line to be crossed and I try not to cross it anymore!
19. The only soda I enjoy drinking is rootbeer (A&W is my favorite brand) but I only drink it when I eat pizza or an occasional rootbeer float.
20. I love spell check.
21. I hardly ever get stressed about the things that are going on in my life (the day-to-day stuff and the things I am in charge of), but I do worry (probably a little too much) about things like: Are my children happy? Am I doing enough in my roles as wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend? Do we have enough Food Storage? …you get the idea!
22. My favorite time of day is 10PM. When everything is calm and quiet, it is often the time you will find me reading, pondering, or even sometimes cleaning. (Refer here to #1)
23. I am a perfectionist…most certainly to a fault!
24. When I was a teenager I remember a lesson I had one Sunday on Self-esteem. I remember my leader telling us to find at least one thing you like about yourself. Of course, because I was a typical teenager with struggling self-esteem it was a very difficult assignment. I finally discovered that my toes were cute! Having one thing I liked about myself really helped to get through some rough hormonal adolescent years! To this day, I still love my toes!
25. I wish I could freeze time right now! I love the place I am at. I love the ages of my children. And I am learning to love the person I am becoming. My heart is already breaking for the day I am no longer in this wonderful stage of life!

6 comments:

Jewels said...

Oh, You made me cry!! I learned a lot about you that I had no idea!! Hello, 4 children naturally, I so did not know that! And, be prepared to show your toes on Sunday night, I can't wait to see them!!

Stacie said...

That was fun to read! I LOVE clean sheets too! and I love your smiley face on the lunch bag, I'm sure your kids do too! And we've got to find a way for Blogger to get spell check here on the comment page.

buzzanna said...

Wow a new post!!! Yeah! This was really fun to read. I never would have guessed that you like to be busy. And your pioneer wish may help you a bit at girls camp this year. I could see your smile on the back of your head.

Melissa said...

Great post!! I identify with you on many of those points. Maybe I should steal this from you. I got that tag on facebook, too, but haven't taken the time to fill it out yet. Its harder than we realize!

The Morgan Clan said...

I'm glad that you are back into the blog world. We missed you. I liked learning more about you. I am SHOCKED about the four natural childbirths. WOW! Although I do not love needles, I am begging for a needle when I'm in labor. Hey you would be a good pioneer - they didn't have needles and had babies the natural way.

Julie said...

The #25 where you say your heart is breaking already for when you are not in this stage anymore--I totally feel that too! I've been worrying and worrying lately about the day that comes when Ashlyn will move out of the house, and she's only 10! What will I do?